- Commonwealth of Dominica has issued a Marine Safety Circular CD-MSC 02-17 Rev01 providing requirements with respect to Ballast Water management Convention (BWMC) amendments
- BWM convention will come into force from 08th September 2017 and all vessels greater than 400GT are to be surveyed and certified.
- The vessels are required to comply with regulation D-2 of BWMC (installation of BWMS) by the first IOPP renewal survey after 08th September 2017.
- Dominica Maritime Administration (DMA) has allowed early renewal and decoupling of the IOPP renewal survey from other statutory surveys and certificates without any special authorization from administration.
- All the requirements of IOPP renewal survey are required to be completed in before 08 September 2017.
- However, IOPP certificate is to be recoupled in to HSSC with other certificates by performing renewal survey in future.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Commonwealth of Dominica Marine Safety Circular CD-MSC 02-17 Rev01.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.