- Panama Maritime Authority has issued revised merchant marine circular MMC-331 (copy attached) providing samples of seafarer’s documentation issued through systems of the Administration.
- Salient points of the circular are as follows:
- Administration is maintaining two systems for issuance of documentation for seafarers as Manual System and the Seafarers’ Automated Application System (SAA).
- Documentation for Seafarer includes following:
- Transitory Certificate
- Seaman’s Book
- Courses’ Endorsements
- Certificate of Competence
- For the transition period from manual to automated system; documentation issued through the Manual System will be valid until expiry date of the respective document.
- Samples of the format and identification of security documents issued with both systems is provided in attached circular.
- Authenticity and validity of these documents can be verified at below link: http://www.amp.gob.pa/stcw78_95_nuevo/
- In case the document cannot be validated in the above-mentioned link, the inquiry can be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Panama Merchant Marine Circular MMC-331.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.