- Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI) has issued Ship Security Advisory no. 05-18 providing information on amended conditions of entry to Japanese ports implemented by Japanese Coast Guard (JCG).
- Salient points of the notice are as follows:
Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- All vessels which come from foreign ports and intend to enter ports in Japanese waters are required to report security information of their ships to JCG office 24 hours before their arrival.
- From 19th July 2018, all vessels entering or intending to enter Japanese ports directly from foreign ports are required to provided additional ship security information which includes records of Port of call in North Korea.
- All Non-Japanese flagged vessels are required to provide records of port of call in North Korea after 19th February 2016.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.