- Republic of Marshall Islands has issued Ship Security Advisory No. 12-16 (copy attached) advising vessels in the region of the Red Sea, Bab el Mandeb Strait and the Gulf of Aden to operate under a heightened state of alert as increasing tensions in the region escalate the potential for direct or collateral damage to vessels transiting the region.
- These threats may come from a variety of different sources such as missiles, projectiles, or waterborne improvised explosive devices.
- Vessel operators are advised to remain cautious when transiting the Bab el Mandeb Strait and consider the continued application of BMP4 ship protection measures until well out of the strait.
- Also vessels in the region are advised to report any hostile activities immediately to United Kingdom Marine Trade Operations (UKMTO) and Maritime Security Centre – Horn of America (MSCHOA), and also contact coalition naval forces on VHF/ Email- email@example.com, or phone: +973 1785 3879.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.