- The Manila Amendments to STCW convention will be implemented from 01 January 2017.
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines has issued circular No. STCW 006 (copy attached) providing guidance on the implementation of these amendments and changes to the minimum safe manning document.
- All seafarers are required to comply with 2010 Manila amendments to STCW convention at latest by 01st July 2017.
- Administration has established a new form of MSM documents which will be applicable for new coming vessels from 01st January 2017.
- Until 01st July 2017, no changes are required in Minimum safe manning (MSM) documents which are issued before 01st January 2017.
- The existing MSM documents are required to be replaced with amended MSM documents to reflect the changes by 01st July 2017.
- Copy of latest MSM document along with the application form is required to be submitted and obsolete copy is to be returned to the Administration for cancellation once revised document is received.
- Until 01st July 2017, PSC officers and ISM auditors may accept MSM documents issued before 01st January 2017.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines circular No STCW 006 Reg. Implementation of 2010 (Manila) amendments to the STCW convention including changes to the minimum safe manning document.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.