- Kitts & Nevis Administration has issued Maritime Circular No.MC/67/16 dated 21 November 2016 (see enclosed) to inform all stakeholders and in particular to the Port State Control (PSC) Authorities that the Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC) Part I, DMLC Part II and the Maritime Labour Convention Certificate issued before 18th January 2017 will remain in force until the first renewal inspection following entry into force of the amendments (i.e. 18th January 2017) , for all St. Kitts & Nevis registered vessels.
- From 18th January 2017, all St. Kitts & Nevis registered vessels should at all times, maintain on board evidence of:
- Financial security (P&I Club or insurer) – Regulation 2.5 – Repatriation
- Financial security (P&I Club or insurer) – Regulation 4.2 – Shipowners’ Liability
- In case Intermediate Inspection undertaken prior to first renewal inspections, then both above financial security shall be verified.
- Amendments will be reflected on DMLC Part I and DMLC Part II from the first renewal inspection on or after 18th January 2017.
- Kitts & Nevis Administration has advised all vessels to make available and ready on board for inspection, the Maritime Circular No.MC/67/16 dated 21 November 2016.
- Maritime Circular No.MC/67/16 dated 21/11/2016.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.