- Sri Lanka government has issued notice MSN 32/2016 regarding amendments of 2014 to the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 requirements.
- From 18th January 2017, all Sri Lankan registered vessels trading internationally should at all times, maintain on board evidence of
- Financial security (P& I Club or Insurer) – Standard A 2.5.2 – Repatriation
- Financial security (P & I Club or Insurer) – Standard A 4.2.1 - Shipowner’s Liability for contractual claims
- A copy of the certificate or documentary evidence of financial security must be posted in a conspicuous place onboard the vessel where it is available to the
- Both financial securities shall be verified during the first intermediate inspection carried out on or after January 18, 2017.
- Sri Lanka Notice MSN 32/2016.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.