- St. Kitts & Nevis has issued a maritime Circular No. MC/69/16 (copy attached) reg. Annual Inspection Programme for High Risk Vessels.
- From 01st January 2017, this preventive annual inspection programme will be applicable to vessels which are considered as a high risk to registry by administration.
- Vessels may be considered as a high risk if :
- a. 1 or more Port State Control Inspections where 10 or more deficiencies are recorded against the vessel, or
- b. 1 or more Port State Control Detentions are recorded.
- Vessels may be downgraded from high risk category following 2 satisfactory PSC or FSI following the high risk listing.
- Information about the vessel listing may be found on administration’s Maritime Registrar.
- Preventive annual inspection is not mandatory, but in case inspection is declined and further detention recorded against the vessel within 9 months following inspection period, vessels’ registration may get terminated.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- St. Kitts & Nevis maritime Circular No. MC/69/16 reg. Annual Inspection Programme for High Risk Vessels.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.