- The Bahamas Maritime Authority vide Bulletin No. 166 (copy attached) has informed that Bahamas has acceded to MARPOL Annex IV on 08 June 2017 and same will enter into force for Bahamian ships from 08 September 2017.
- Accordingly Bahamian flagged vessels will need to be issued with International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate on completion of first survey on or after 08 September 2017.
- Existing Statement of Compliance to MARPOL Annex IV will required to be replaced by the International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate at the first survey on or after 08 September 2017.
- Bahamas Administration has allowed 15 months (until 8 December 2018) window period for replacement of existing Statement of Compliance with International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate.
- Ship Owner / managers of Bahamian flagged vessels are advised to be guided by above and to keep a copy of Bulletin No. 166 in the ship’s certificate file until an International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate has been issued.
- Bahamas Information Bulletin No. 166
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.