- Maritime Cook Islands has issued Marine Circular No. 142/2016 (copy attached) informing the approach of PSCOs under Paris MoU during the verification of Seafarer Certification concerning the implementation of the 2010 Manila Amendments on the STCW Convention.
- In line with a recommendation from the IMO (MSC.1/Circ.1560), the Paris MoU has agreed on following harmonized approach;
- In cases where a seafarer’s documentation complied with the requirements in force immediately before 1 January 2017, but was not in accordance with the requirements of the 2010 Manila Amendments to the STCW Convention, PSCOs to take a pragmatic and practical approach during inspection until 1 July 2017.
- When a deficiency is found, this will not result in the ship being detained.
- However, a deficiency may be recorded and the master to be instructed to rectify the deficiency before 1 July 2017.
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Cook Islands Marine Circular No. 142 / 2016.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.