- The COSMO Co. Ltd has issued a Notice Letter of quality issue (copy attached) informing that the insulation material inside some of the delivered fire doors were found to be partly missing and does not comply with the tested condition of MED-B certified products according to FTP code.
- The root cause for above is stated as poor workmanship and it is expected that fire doors installed since November 2013 might be affected due to this.
- The letter also states how to check the installation of insulation materials for delivered products and alternate solutions/ proposed temporary repair methods.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by the attached letter.
- COSMO Co., Ltd Notice Letter of Quality Issue, dated 02 August 2017.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.