- Maritime Cook Islands identified ISM failure as the major cause of detention for their fleet in Paris MoU where number of cases were related to language of documentation.
- Based on above Administration has advised vide a circular 144/2017 that following documents are required to be available in English also along with the working language of the vessel.
ISM forms, Official Log Books, Safety Management Manual
Ship Security Plan
- The ISM companies are free to decide if they want to use only the English language or both (if working language of vessel is different from English).
- In cases where above documents are not available in English, companies are required to take immediate action to have the documents translated and make them available on board their vessels.
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.