- Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) has issued Marine Guidance Note 432 (copy attached) providing guidance for all vessels engaged in transfers of persons at anchor or underway to aid a safe transfer and rapid recovery of a casualty from the water. The guidance includes;
- taking the necessary precautions,
- use of trained persons and
- carriage of requisite equipment.
- The Marine Guidance Note describes precautions to be taken before and during the transfer. Information and guidance on rescue of persons from water is also detailed therein.
- Ship Owners / operators are advised to be guided by above and bring the attached Marine Guidance Note to the notice of concerned staff.
- MCA Marine Guidance Note MGN 432 Reg “Safety during Transfers of Persons to and from Ships”.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.