- Maritime Administration Cook Islands vide Circular 175/2018 dated 15th May,2018 has detailed requirement of submission of Declaration of Ship Owner assuming MLC responsibilities.
- All Maritime Cook Islands vessels to which MLC convention applies, shall hold onboard the following documents either issued by Maritime Cook Islands or an approved Recognised Organization:
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Convention Part I
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Convention Part II
- Maritime Labour Convention Statement of Compliance
- In addition to above it is required to submit to Maritime Cook Islands a completed declaration of the individual or entity that assumes the responsibility of the ‘shipowner’ under the MLC.
- All ship owners, for ships owned by them to which MLC convention applies, are requested to complete the Form 88 (Declaration of Ship Owner Assuming MLC Responsibilities) and forward it to
email@example.com & cc Rachele@maritimecookislands.com.
- Dual registered vessels shall maintain full compliance onboard at all times, even during times of private operation
- Circular 175/2018
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.