- Panama Maritime Authority has provided guidelines on the certification process for ships under Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 vide Merchant Marine Circular MMC -269.
- The subject circular has been revised in May, 2018 in respect of DMLC Part I as follows
- DMLC Part I will also require re-issuance in any one or more of following circumstances
- Change in name of vessel
- Change of ship owner
- Change of Operator
- Change of RO
- Change in GT of vessel
- The validity of the DMLC Part I is 5 years from the date of issuance. After every 5 years, the request for re-issuance must be made with flag administration.
- The Interested party must send copies of following documents to administration on mail account email@example.com with request for cancellation of existing DMLC Part I and re-issuance of DMLC Part I
- MLC certificate
- DMLC Part II
- Financial securities
- In case there is a change in address of the ship owner, DMLC Part I remains the same, the interested party must co-ordinate with RO to update DMLC Part II and MLC certificate with new address.
- MMC 269
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.