- The Panama Maritime Authority vide its circular (MMC-274) revised in September, 2018 has established procedures in event of any serious marine casualty taking place on board Panamanian flagged vessels, resulting into injuries or loss of life.
- In accordance with MLC, 2006 regulation 5.1.6 all maritime accidents shall be investigated by the marine accident investigation department of the Directorate of Merchant Marine, Panama.
- All Ship owners/ Managers/ Operators must ensure that occupational accidents injuries and diseases are reported to Panama Maritime Authority on mail id: ⦁ email@example.com.
- Reporting of all marine accidents must be carried out as per the occupational accidents, injuries and diseases report form available in the MMC-274 available on-line in the Panama Maritime Authority website.
- Occupational accidents, injuries and diseases report form.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.