1. The Vanuatu Maritime Services has issued fleet/safety letter 070117.GEN.
2. Salient points of the letter are as follows:
1. The Administration will issue corrective action letter to vessel post inspection conducted either by Flag State inspector, Recognized Organization or Port State Control.
2. These letters contains acknowledgement of deficiencies known to the Administration and corrective action with rectification timeline.
3. The intent of letter is to help owners and managers to prevent Port State Control (PSC) detentions.
4. Owners and managers are reminded to send PSC inspection reports (Form A and Form B) to email@example.com and inform administration when a vessel is entering US ports, Tokyo MOU or Paris MOU ports.
3. Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.