- Kiribati ship registry has issued a marine circular 37/2017 regarding recognition of electronic documents and scanned colour copies of originals.
- The administration has advised that following documents will be issued only in electronic format:
- Provisional Certificate of Endorsement (PCOE)
- Attestation and Dispensation Letters.
- Also scanned colour copies of following documents are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issue:
- Provisional and Permanent Certificate of Registry
- Provisional and Permanent Minimum Safe Manning Certificate
- Provisional and Permanent Ship Radio Station Licence
- Permanent Certificate of Endorsement for Officers (COE)
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR)
- Special Voyage Permit (SVP)
- Bunker Convention Certificate (BCC)
- Civil Liability Certificate (CLC)
- Interim and Full-Term Statutory Certificates (where applicable)
- The verification of the documents may be carried out by submitting the copy of document to firstname.lastname@example.org through email and/or through website links given below for respective documents:
- Certificate of Endorsement: http://www.kiribaship.com/EN/services/COE_verification.aspx
- Ship Registry Certificates: http://www.kiribaship.com/EN/services/registration_certificate.aspx
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Kiribati Ship Registry marine circular 37/2012 on recognition of documents issued in electronic format and scanned colour copies of originals.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.