- Liberia Maritime Authority has issued a marine operations note 04/2017 reg. advance notice of arrival requirements for vessels calling on ports in China.
- Administration has noted that the detainable deficiencies recorded during Port State Control (PSC) inspections in China are due to existing conditions on vessels relating to defective firefighting equipment, defective navigation equipment, inadequate maintenance, and ineffective SMS, where there is no evidence of corrective action.
- Administration requires masters and/or DPAs to provide Advance Notice of Arrival (ANOA) to NOA@liscr.com at least 4 work days (96 hours) prior their vessel arrives at its first port in China including a completed checklist identifying any defective equipment, possible noncompliance and corrective action applicable.
- ANOA will provide time for assistance from Administration to ensure compliance thereby minimizing any potential problems with PSC and delay of the ship.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Liberia Maritime Authority Marine Operations Note 04/2017.
- RLM -258 (Rev 1/17) Master’s Duties and General Guidance to ensure a Positive PSC Inspection / PSC Compliance Checklist.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.