- Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI) has issued revised marine guidelines 1-109-1 providing guidance on acceptance of certain electronic documentation and certificates issued by flag.
- Requirements for the verification of the documents/ certificates is as given below:
- The documents/certificates which are issued electronically contains electronic signature of RMI duly authorized official.
- The document is counter signed in blue ink.
- The authenticity of documents/certificates issued to seafarers or vessel can be verified at http://www.register-iri.com
- Guidance in the form of a chart is provided in the notice for determining validity of electronic issued documents or certificates.
- Ship owners/ operators are advised to be guided by above.
- RMI marine guidelines 1-109-1 on electronic documents and certificates.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.