- Republic of Marshall Islands(RMI) has issued a Revised marine notice no. 4-033-1 (copy attached) dated Apr/2017 which supersedes the administration’s notice Rev.May/2016 and provides procedures required to activate, deactivate and update information regarding Inmarsat mobile earth stations (MESs) on RMI flagged vessels.
- Salient points of the notice are as follows:
- A Point of Service Activation (PSA) is an entity authorized by Inmarsat with the approval of the Administration to:
- Accept and process applications for MES service activation,
- Assign Inmarsat mobile numbers and
- Transmit customer service activation information to the Inmarsat Customer Activation group.
- PSA works directly with the customer providing full service on a 24 hour, 7 day basis.
- For all RMI flagged vessels, PSAs will perform all functions regarding Inmarsat equipment activation; deactivation and maintenance of customer information held in Inmarsat’s Electronic Service Activation System (ESAS) in accordance with RMI laws and regulations and inform the Administration about all additions, deletions, and modifications to RMI MESs with a change of flag.
- The list of PSAs authorized by the Administrator can be found in the attached circular.
- Ship owners/ operators are advised to be guided by above.
- RMI Marine Notice no. 4-033-1 on Inmarsat Services under the Point of Service Activation Concept.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.