- Ballast water management convention will come in to force from 08th September 2017.
- Kitts & Nevis administration has ratified the BWM convention in order to support a phased implementation and ensure smooth transition to the D-2 performance standard of the convention between 2017 an 2022.
- The vessels are required to comply with regulation D-2 by the first IOPP renewal survey after 8th September 2017.
- Based on above, St. Kitts & Nevis administration has issued a Maritime Circular no. MC/70/17 (copy attached) providing guidance related to IMO resolution A.1088 (28).
- Upon owner’s request, Administration will authorize the de-harmonization of IOPP certificate and associated survey until BWM convention comes into force.
- Owners intended to de-harmonize the IOPP survey are advised to follow the procedures stipulated in administration’s maritime circular MC/08/09- Application for an exemption.
- Administration will decide authorization on case-by-case basis based on assessment and recommendation from RO.
- All the requirements of IOPP renewal survey are required to be completed in afloat condition during preponment survey.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- St. Kitts &Nevis maritime Circular no. MC/70/17.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.