- The Sri Lankan Maritime Administration vide Merchant Shipping Notice No. 01/2018 (copy attached) has authorized the Approved Recognized Organizations (ROs) for the issuance of electronic statutory certificates on their behalf to Sri Lankan flagged vessels.
- Electronic statutory certificates are required to comply with IMO Guidelines as per FAL.5/Circ.39/Rev.2
- The electronic statutory certificates issued by IRS meets the attached Sri Lankan Notification and shall be deemed valid in accordance with all applicable international instruments that Sri Lanka is a party to.
- In view of above, owners of Sri Lankan flagged vessels, who wish to be issued with electronic statutory certificates are advised to contact IRS.
- IRS will communicate to the flag Administration and a letter on the use of electronic certificates will be issued by the Merchant Shipping Secretariat to the ship. This approval letter is to be placed on board the ship as an additional measure to facilitate acceptance by other port authorities.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters of Sri Lankan flagged vessels are advised to be guided by above.
- Sri Lanka Merchant Shipping Notice No. 01 of 2018, dated 12th September 2018.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.