- Republic of Marshall Islands has issued marine notice 1-000-3 Rev. Nov/2016 (copy attached) providing revised guidance on minimum requirements for publications to be carried on board RMI flagged vessels.
- These required publications can be carried in the electronic form like CD-ROM or DVD. Electronic form of publications must be issued by the IMO or RMI administration or body authorized by administration to prevent illegal copying and to ensure the completeness and accuracy of data. The notice provides the list of publication providers approved by the RMI administration.
- Publications for emergency use like International code of signals and the International Aeronautical and Maritime Search (IAMSAR) manual should always be available in the form of hard copies.
- ‘Regs4ships’ will be providing electronic regulations, technical information, SOLAS, STCW and MARPOL to RMI flagged vessels and their management companies and this service will be regarded by administrator as satisfying its regulatory requirement to carry SOLAS, MARPOL and STCW publications onboard.
- Electronic form or product is available on Internet and on a DVD on an annual subscription basis. Typically internet version which is updated in real-time is meant to be used by management companies and other shore based users, while DV version which is updated every two months is meant to be used on board vessel.
- Regardless of the format latest editions or duly corrected and up to date publications should be carried on board vessels. Procedures for timely updating of publications in ship’s SMS will be checked and verified during audit.
- The requirements of carriage of publications will be checked during ISM audit as flag administration requirement and nonconformity will be recorded in case of not carrying such publications on board.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above
- RMI Marine Notice no. 1-000-3 Rev. Nov/2016 reg. requirements on carriage of publications on board ships.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.